The outreach programme is another way for officers from Pustaka Negeri Sarawak to meet potential users, who are either unable to come or have yet to visit Pustaka Negeri Sarawak. The outreach programme basically is official outing or visit, which comprises of briefings and discussions on the services and facilities offered by Pustaka Negeri Sarawak to create awareness among potential users.
The programme includes visits to :
- government agencies
- institutions of higher learning
The objectives of the programme are to :
- create awareness to participants on the services and facilities offered by Pustaka.
- obtain information and feedback from the participants of their information needs and other issues related to Pustaka.
- increase awareness among participants on the importance of knowledge culture and lifelong learning
- generate interest amongst participants to visit Pustaka and use the facilities and services offered.
- identify services and facilities available at Pustaka, which could benefit the agencies involved.
- explore possible areas of cooperation in the future especially in creating a knowledge-based society.
The hosting agency will only have to :
- Agree to receive visits by Pustaka officers.
- Prepare a venue for briefing session, which will be about one and a half hours.
- Invite their staff to attend the session.
- Prepare an emcee and telephone line for connection to the Internet if possible.