RECARS (Records and Archives Reference Service)
RECARS is an online resource that provides a one-stop centre for information on popular research topics, services and events relating to the Records and Archives' collection of the whole state of Sarawak. RECARS is currently available at Pustaka Negeri Sarawak in Kuching.
Terms & Conditions
- Persons referring to or having access to any archives shall handle them with care and shall not deface, fold, tear, mutilate or otherwise damage or destroy any archives.
- The publication and reproduction of the whole archives without written permission of the Chief Executive Officer, Pustaka Negeri Sarawak is strictly prohibited.
- Only pencils are allowed in the Research Room.
- Only five (5) items are allowed for reference at any one time.
- Archives are not allowed to be taken out of the Research Room.
- Photocopying of archive materials should be requested from officer on duty and the researcher shall pay for the cost.
Records and Archives Collections
There are currently 7,741 records available for reference. Lists of these collections can be viewed anywhere around the globe via the links below.
Formal request must be forwarded to Pustaka before any reference can be made to the collections. Request form is available online via the links below.
Any enquiries, please contact:
Pustaka Negeri Sarawak,
Jalan Pustaka, Off Jalan Stadium,
93050, Petra Jaya,
Tel: 082-442000/ 082-440488
Fax: 082-449944/ 082-440484