Special Needs Group
"Special needs been defined as the special or unique, out-of-the-ordinary concerns created by a person's medical, physical, mental, or developmental condition or disability. Additional services are usually needed to help a person in one or more of the following areas, among others, thinking, communication, movement, getting along with others, and taking care of self.”
(How to define special needs: what does it means to be special kid. (2008). Retrieved March 09, 2010 from http://www.raising-special-kids.com/definespecialneeds.html)
1. Pustaka provide a lifelong education for children and adults with multiple developmental disabilities and special health care needs. In all our programs, we are committed to assisting those with special needs to live as fully and independently as each is able in the richness of community life.
2. Pustaka has equipped a dedicated Special Needs Room with facilities to enable this group to use various information resources available at Pustaka. Our staff are creative, caring and highly competent professionals and paraprofessionals dedicated to supporting those we assist to become all they can be.
3. Belows are related information related to Special Needs Services at Pustaka:
- Special Needs Equipments are available for use at the Special Needs Room at ground floor Pustaka
- Collections are available on topics related to Special Needs Groups at the Multi Media GaleriTM. Please approach counter for enquiries.
- Free usage of discussion room
- Entitled for free use of the Discussion Rooms. However, subject to availability and booking procedure.
- Eligible to request for a bibliography or listing of Special Needs collection or subject area.
- Guardian/care givers can request information or specific programs and activities for themselves and their minders.
4. Service collections are available:
5. Activities available:
- Video screening
Information Literacy Classes
Educational competitions & games, etc.