Pustaka Negeri Sarawak, Miri
As Pustaka Negeri Sarawak`s northern branch, it first opened its door to the public on 19 October 2002 and officially opened on 10 December 2002. Its functions are also in line with the Sarawak State Library Ordinance 1999.
Pustaka Negeri Sarawak, Miri is:
- a research and reference center, with collections at a level that will be able to assist researchers as well as other knowledge and information seekers in the state?s Northern Region.
- an offsite depository center for legal deposit materials.
- a center for development of special collections relating to Miriana and other local history initiatives.
- a contributor to Pustaka Negeri Sarawak´s databases on information materials on and about Sarawak, particularly in the Northern Region.
- a place that provides education and activities to raise awareness on information literacy, knowledge-sharing and lifelong learning.
Pustaka Negeri Sarawak, Miri comprises three (3) divisions:
- Corporate Management:-
- Venue Management / Building Maintenance Unit
- Corporate Communications Unit
- Registry Unit
- Finance Unit
- ICT Unit (Under SAINS)
- Information Services:-
- Reference Services & Activities Unit
- Information Literacy Skills & Library Services Unit
- Community Service Unit
- Technical Services:-
- Acquisition Unit
- Sarawakiana Unit
- Legal Deposit Unit
- Serial Unit
- Gift & Exchange Unit